Preventing bribery & corruption
Below are some situations where you may engage with government officials and guidelines to help navigate them:
Requests by regulatory authorities:
- Cooperate fully with government inquiries and investigations.
- Refer all government requests for company information or documents to the Legal & Compliance team.
Gift, entertainment & meals:
- Never offer any gifts or payments to a public official or a government employee. What may be appropriate in commercial business dealings could be deemed illegal and possibly criminal when dealing with the government.
- AppFolio may communicate its position on important issues to elected representatives, government officials, and political organizations. It is company policy that we comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations regarding political contributions.
- You may volunteer your personal time for political activities, such as events for candidates or organizations of your choice, as long as it does not interfere with work hours or use AppFolio’s resources such as phones, company email, or equipment.
- Obtain approval from the Chief Legal Officer for any work activity that requires lobbying communication with any government official or employee of a legislative body.
Understand and comply with relevant laws and regulations that apply to government contracting.
Refer any contract with any government entity to the Compliance & Ethics Team for review and approval.