Engaging third parties responsibly
We engage ethical third parties that are committed to following our Code and upholding our standards
It is our responsibility to ensure that all third parties who may act on our behalf, such as consultants, agents and suppliers, follow AppFolio’s Code of Conduct, and uphold the ethical standards we set for ourselves. All third parties must be properly vetted prior to onboarding or establishing a relationship with AppFolio. Depending on the type of business partner and the nature and scope of work and/or business terms, additional due diligence processes involving Legal and/or Compliance, Information Security, and Finance may be required.
When engaging a third party:
- Follow AppFolio’s processes and procedures for onboarding new third parties
- Understand the risks when onboarding and the business rationale for engaging them
- Select third parties based on our company’s business needs
- Select third parties based on their skills and qualifications. Selection should never be based on a relationship between you or another AppFolio employee and the third party
- Never accept payments (kickbacks) or any other benefits from a third party in return for referring their services to AppFolio
- Outline specific processes to monitor the ongoing relationship in the contract
- If a third party requires access to AppFolio data, fill out the third party security evaluation form (after asking the third party the related questions) and the security team will reach out once the request is reviewed. The full process is documented here.
Frequently asked questions
Understand the risks suppliers pose to our business and know how to manage relationships.
Disclose existing relationships with suppliers prior to onboarding.
Speak up. If you’re unsure if a vendor you are looking to onboard requires additional vetting or due diligence, contact the Compliance & Ethics Team.